Helping save lives by preventing people from texting while driving.
Over 1,000,000 miles will be protected by LifeSaver this year.
Be part of the movement.
Find the Offenders
Have you seen someone texting and driving? Find out where the worst offenders reside. See who’s being a bad driver. Are you on this map? We sure hope not!
For Passengers: Tag a Texter App
Help us find others that text & drive. Just 1-click or snap a picture and you can catch offenders.
Keeping loved ones safer has never been simpler.
The LifeSaver App on the phones of those you love ensures they’ll be safer on the road (and that you’ll rest easier while they’re away from home).
- Simple to set up
- Easy to use. Installs in seconds and does not interfere with normal smart phone functions.
- Safe and secure
- Allows Loved One to set guidelines and monitor behavior.
- Notifies when unlocked
- Sends text message notifications to Loved One if the Driver unlocks LifeSaver while driving.
- Rewards the right behavior
- Drivers can earn free rewards such as iTunes for safe driving behavior.
- Our patent-pending technology
- LifeSaver innovates with Smart GPS Consumption and Accelerometer-based driving detection.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does LifeSaver work?
- LifeSaver uses GPS and several other battery saving technologies to lock the driver’s smartphone while the car is in motion. LifeSaver is always running in the phone’s background and is transparent to the driver when not driving.
- Why is LifeSaver better than other Distracted Driving Solutions?
- Drivers need help to break their distracted driving habit, and using LifeSaver, the driver’s loved one (typically a parent or spouse) finally has the tools to help make this happen. Once installed, the loved one can easily monitor the driver for distracted driving, and through the driver portal, can reward the driver for safe driving. As a result, the driver experiences effortless change as the app locks/unlocks automatically during driving. The LifeSaver solution strives for great working products that are also widely available and free to use. We don't believe in barriers like undue costs or extra hardware required to solve the problem. Free is better. Let's solve the problem.
- Is LifeSaver available for iPhone?
- Yes! LifeSaver is now available in iTunes! And when configured correctly, you will find it works better than others do. That said, developer restrictions cause the iPhone solution to work a little differently than Android to lock the device, so make sure you follow the in-app tutorial describing these settings, and you're good to go! lifesaver-app.com/home/iphoneconfig.
- LifeSaver uses GPS. Does that drain the battery?
- LifeSaver is designed for the efficient use of GPS to conserve the phone’s battery. GPS needs to be left on at all times, but don’t worry! LifeSaver only uses GPS as needed and puts it to sleep when the phone is at rest. A typical phone needs to be charged only once per day, and we are always improving and fine tuning because we know battery life is important.
- What is the LifeSaver Challenge?
- Challenge your driver to go without unlocking the app more than once a day, then once a week, and so on. You will find that LifeSaver is very effective at teaching drivers a new behavior - focusing on the road and not on their phones - which then becomes second nature.
- What are LifeSaver Rewards?
- LifeSaver recognizes teen drivers may need an additional ‘nudge’ to encourage safe driving, so LifeSaver implements an innovative rewards system within our Driver Portal. Parents can setup monthly rewards which are tied to safer, non-distracted driving; then the Driver Portal scores these rewards automatically. Parents choose rewards that work for their teen driver, and we'll take it from there!
- Are any apps excluded from being locked by LifeSaver?
- LifeSaver allows the driver to receive hands-free, inbound calls and to hear Maps/Navigation while driving. All other apps are disallowed by LifeSaver during driving unless the driver becomes a passenger and clicks the 'Passenger Unlock' button. For both Android and iPhone, parents should set the navigation before their teen drives to eliminate this common distraction.
- Can LifeSaver be unlocked in Emergencies?
- Through the app settings, the loved one can enable the driver to have an ‘Emergency Unlock’ (Android) and 'Emergency Call' (iOS) features. If the driver uses these emergency features while driving, the unlock is logged and text notification is sent to the loved one.
- What if the Driver wants to use his/her LifeSaver-protected phone as a Passenger?
- If the driver becomes a passenger, he may use the ‘Passenger Unlock’ feature. In this case, the phone remains unlocked for the duration of the trip, the unlock is logged, and a text notification is sent to the loved one monitoring the use or abuse of this feature. Our studies show teens will rarely abuse this feature since parents are very aware when the teen is driving and when he is not. If the feature is abused, the parent can remove the capability to do passenger unlocks. Visibility of any abuse is seen in your Driver Portal.
- How fast does LifeSaver lock and unlock?
- The phone will be locked as quickly as 3-4 seconds when driving starts. When driving stops, LifeSaver can unlock just as quickly, or it can be configured to unlock up to 60 seconds (Android) after driving stops to discourage phone access at stoplights.
- Can LifeSaver be disabled or GPS be turned off by the Driver?
- If the driver disables GPS, LifeSaver will send the loved one a notification, another example of the ‘monitoring’ aspects of LifeSaver. Using the Driver Portal, parents have the visibility to know if LifeSaver is still installed and running because each driver’s LifeSaver app reports back to the parents’ portal.
- Do I need a data plan for LifeSaver to work?
- The app requires GPS to work properly on your device and location. So the driver must have a data plan for LifeSaver to work. You should plan on upgrading for a data plan prior to using LifeSaver.
- What is the Driver Portal for LifeSaver?
- Our Driver Portal is available now and is the starting place for Parents! It provides a very simple method to better understand distracted driving behavior and to provide rewards to help teen drivers break the distraction habit. Parents can simply register on the Driver Portal and invite teens directly. The teens will get a text message to install the app and be joined automatically to the parents’ portal. It's never been easier to get the family working together to solve the danger of distracted driving.