LifeSaver for iOS 11
With iOS 11 Apple has introduced a new ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’ feature which is very complimentary to LifeSaver. While the Apple feature is ‘optional’ for the driver, this is great news for LifeSaver users because iOS DND While driving enables some new capabilities App companies could previously only provide on Android. These iOS 11 features include:
- Automatic locking (outside the passcode lock screen only)
- Full capture and silencing of inbound notifications (outside the passcode lock screen)
- Optional Auto-replying to inbound notifications
See this short iOS 11 video to see how LifeSaver operates with the iOS 11 DND While driving feature.
While the iOS 11 features are a great addition, Fleets and Parents need the addition of LifeSaver to the complete solution. Here are the LifeSaver benefits with (or without) using the iOS 11 DND While Driving Feature:
- Safety Reminder inside the passcode lock screen: LifeSaver deters device use with the “Keep Your Eyes on the Road” banner, providing a partial screen block inside the iPhone passcode lock screen. iOS 11 will provide a block only outside the passcode lock screen which can be circumvented by the driver without supervision.
- Driver Accountability scoring: Parents and Fleet managers can monitor unlocks and cell phone ‘usage violations’ to detect inappropriate behavior such as keeping the display on for prolonged periods of time. LifeSaver scoring makes drivers accountable and changes behavior.
- Remote Control: For fleets you can deploy policy remotely to all devices. For parents you can set and passcode lock your driver’s LifeSaver settings directly from the Driver portal.
- Manage by Exception (Fleets) : Daily exception reports call out drivers with habitual problems using the phone while driving. With iOS 11 DND While Driving feature alone this remains an ‘unknown’ since iOS 11 includes no monitoring nor reporting.
- Peace of Mind (Parents): Features like Arrival notifications give you the peace of mind when your driver arrives safely, and reminds you they are safer on the road.
Here’s the Safety Reminder to ‘Keep your eyes on the Road’. When using your iPhone appropriately when driving you’ll avoid seeing this alert and your driver scores will remain high.
The LifeSaver team is committed to the best possible experience and added value for iOS 10 and iOS 11 iPhone users. We also commit to providing the best solution possible without the need for additional hardware.
Thank you for choosing LifeSaver!