Last Updated: Jan 14, 2019
We may change this policy at any time. When we do, we will change the “Last Updated” date above and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as by providing additional notice via our Services or by sending you a notification).
In order for the LifeSaver App to function properly certain permissions are requested when installing the App. Below is a summary of the App permissions requested and why:
- Location Services – Needed to detect driving so that LifeSaver can lock.
- Contacts – Used only to provide text alerts to the specified contact.
- Access to other Apps Running (Android Only) – Used only to determine if other apps are permitted to run when LifeSaver is locking.
- Request to ignore battery optimization – Used to prevent doze modes which can interfere with allowing LifeSaver to work properly in the background or with display off.
- Microphone (iPhone Only) – Used only if you turn on the silencing feature for inbound notifications (this feature is defaulted off when you install LifeSaver).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Give Us. We may collect the information provided by users of our Services including: name, username, password, e-mail address, phone number, and photos (Tag a Texter Only).
Information Automatically Collected. When users access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Mobile App Usage. We may collect information about and from the use of our mobile apps, including user interactions with our apps and certain driving activities and behaviors. For instance, we record when users unlock the LifeSaver app in an emergency or as a passenger, and the amount of time users of the LifeSaver app maintain their device in a locked position while in a moving vehicle.
- Location Information. We, and the companies providing us analytics or advertising services, may collect the precise geolocation of your mobile device in accordance with the permission process established by the provider of your device operating system (“OS”). We may also derive the speed of your device and mileage traveled from your location information.
- Other Mobile Device Information. We may access information from your mobile device via our mobile apps in accordance with the permission process established by the provider of your device OS, including your contacts, and information about the other apps you use while in a moving vehicle. In addition, when you download one of our mobile apps, we may collect certain other technical information about your mobile device, such as the model, manufacturer and OS version of the device and OS device identifiers.
- Log Files. When you visit our websites, we collect some information automatically through log files, such as your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our sites.
- Cookies, Web Beacons and other Tracking Technologies. We and our service providers may automatically collect information using various technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and software kits (or “SDK”s). Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website, and a software kit is software that may be included in mobile apps installed on your mobile device. Software kits and cookies enable us to collect information about your device identifiers, web browsers used to access the web Services, pages or features viewed, time spent on pages, mobile app performance and links clicked. Web beacons (or pixel tags) are electronic images that may be used in our web Services or emails to deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you connect your account with a third-party social media service to one of our Services, we will have access to certain information from that service, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media service.
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- operate and improve our Services, including to facilitate refer-a-friend features and track distracted driving activities;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services and generate reports;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you related information, including usage notifications, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about promotions, rewards, products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- personalize the Services, including by providing advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
We may share information about users of our Services with third parties, including as follows:
- by installing the LifeSaver app on your device, parents, employers, or other monitors of your LifeSaver install can view and/or receive information we collect about your driving behavior via the LifeSaver app, including the location where your trip started and ended, when and where you unlocked the app and your interactions with other apps on your device while in a moving vehicle;
- if you accept an invitation to install the LifeSaver app from a company that has partnered with Life Apps, we may share any information we collect about you with that company for its use in connection with monitoring your driving activities, offering you promotions or discounts in connection with its products or services, or investigating or responding to complaints or violations of applicable law or company policy;
- we may also share information we collect about you with our referral sources, resellers and other business partners (including insurance carriers) for their internal business use;
- your LifeSaver app username and the total rewards points you have accrued via that app may be shared in a publicly available leaderboard;
- information you provide about other distracted drivers via the Tag a Texter app and information about when and where users of the LifeSaver app unlock that app may be displayed via our national distraction app;
- with your opt-in consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing of information about you with other parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies (if you are a California resident, please see “Your Choices” below);
- with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers that work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is required by, or is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- to enforce our user agreements or policies, including the investigation of potential violations thereof;
- to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Life Apps, our users or any person; and
- in connection with, or during negotiation of, any, merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
Life Apps takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. However, please note that under the law, services such as ours that permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing are not required to provide such information upon receiving a request, but rather may respond by notifying the user of his or her right to prevent the disclosure. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location Information. If you initially consent to the collection of precise geolocation information from your mobile device, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of some of our Services.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those messages or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those or our ongoing business relations.