Last Updated: May 28, 2021
THE SERVICES ARE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO IMPROVE DRIVING BEHAVIOR AND ROAD SAFETY AND REQUIRE THE COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION (INCLUDING YOUR GEOLOCATION INFORMATION) TO DO SO. IF YOU ARE AN APP USER, LIFESAVER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY USE OR SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION BY AN ORGANIZATION OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY WITH WHOM AN ORGANIZATION SHARES INFORMATION ABOUT YOU OR YOUR DRIVING. ANY USE OR SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION BY AN ORGANIZATION OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY WITH WHOM AN ORGANIZATION SHARES INFORMATION ABOUT YOU OR YOUR DRIVING IS SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE ORGANIZATION.
"LifeSaver Apps" means our mobile application(s) designed to improve driving behavior.
"LifeSaver Portals" means our online portals that Organizations use to review an App User's use of the LifeSaver Apps, including any associated APIs and API services.
"Organizations" means Employers, Guardians and any other person or entity monitoring the driving behavior of an App User through the LifeSaver Portals.
"Portal Users" are users who access and use the LifeSaver Portals to monitor the driving behavior of an App User. A Portal User may also be an App User who is monitoring their own driving behavior.
"Sites" means our website and associated subdomains, currently located at https://lifesaver-app.com/ or https://lifesavermobile.com, as may be updated from time to time. For purposes of clarity, Sites does not include the URLs for the LifeSaver Portals.
Information You Give Us. We may collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, make a purchase, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, e-mail address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide, including information about your employees (in the case of Employers), family members (in the case of Guardians), or other individuals whose driving behavior you are monitoring through the Services.
Information Automatically Collected. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Device and Usage Information. We collect information about how you access our Services.
- If you use our LifeSaver Apps, the information we collect includes but is not limited to data about the device you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and app version. We also collect information about your use of the LifeSaver Apps.
- If you use our LifeSaver Portals, the information we collect includes but is not limited to your email address and phone number.
- If you use our Sites, the information we collect includes data about your IP address and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Sites, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites
- Location Information Collected by the LifeSaver Apps. The LifeSaver Apps function by determining when you are driving to restrict access to use of your mobile device and analyze driving violations. Therefore, in order to determine when you are driving and for the LifeSaver Apps to function properly, we collect the geolocation of your mobile device (on a periodic basis during your drive). If you change the permissions to restrict or prohibit access to geolocation information either at the phone level or the LifeSaver App level, the LifeSaver Apps will not function properly.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies on our Sites. We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular, to deliver advertisements and count site visits. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below. Web beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, deliver advertisements, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from third-party sources (such as business intelligence services and resellers) and combine that with information we collect through our Services. Additionally, if you are an App User, your Employer may share information with us, including your name, phone number, and email address, in order to on-board you to the Services.
We use information we collect to:
- Operate, maintain and improve our products and Services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, and customer experience surveys;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send you usage notifications, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, rewards, products and services offered by us and our partners;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of LifeSaver and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Our use of information may be in conjunction with services we provide to Organizations or others, as further described in the "Sharing of Information" section below.
- If you are an App User, the Organization may receive certain information we collect about you via the LifeSaver Apps, including the location where your trip started and ended, when and where you unlocked the LifeSaver Apps and your interactions with other apps on your device while in a moving vehicle. Organizations and/or their service providers and other partners may have access to information collected via the LifeSaver Apps, and may further share your information at their discretion without the knowledge of LifeSaver and we have no control or responsibility over such sharing;
- We will share information collected via the LifeSaver Apps with your personal automobile or other insurance provider upon your request and with your consent. However, Organizations may share information about you with their insurers, service providers and other partners based on their agreement with such parties and we have no control or responsibility over such sharing;
- Aggregate information about when and where users of the LifeSaver Apps unlock the LifeSaver Apps may be displayed via the national distraction map on our Sites;
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers and consultants that need access to your personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising;
- We may disclose personal information if we believe disclosure is required by, or is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of LifeSaver, our users, the public, or others;
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiation concerning, any, merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business or assets by another company; and
- We also share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
LifeSaver is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those in your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
- Your Account Information. An Organization may update and correct and delete certain account information about an App User at any time through the LifeSaver Portals, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
- Location Information. When you first launch our LifeSaver Apps as an App User, you will be asked to consent to the LifeSaver App's collection of location information. In order to provide the key functionalities of the LifeSaver Apps (e.g., to determine when you are driving and if any violations occur), location information needs to be collected at all times. If you decline collection of location information, the LifeSaver Apps will not function properly. If you use the LifeSaver Apps as an individual (i.e., not under the oversight of an Organization) and you initially allow our collection of geolocation information from your mobile device, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, the LifeSaver Apps, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove the LifeSaver Apps from your device. If you use the LifeSaver Apps under the oversight of an Organization, note that the Organization may require that location collection be enabled.
- Mobile Push Notifications. With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Sites.
- Communications Preferences. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at [email protected]. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.